AP SELECT PROGRAM INFORMATION
We are AP Select, the competitive side of Arden Park Soccer Club.
We focus on development of our players. Players are not judged by wins and losses, but instead by their work ethic and dedication to improving their talents and skills.
We work to foster an environment in which players have fun while reaching their full potential and achieve the self-confidence and positive self-esteem necessary to be successful not only on the soccer field but off the field as well.
We also focus on the development of life skills and disciplines that will assist our players being successful in life. We give them opportunities in a safe and controlled environment to try new things, to adapt, to reflect, and to learn from their experiences, learning to work as part of a team and seeing how their role fits into the success of the greater whole.
The soccer experience shouldn’t only be a part of the players education and development but should enhance it.
- Create a positive, challenging, competitive, and fun soccer environment
- Promote a team-oriented constructive atmosphere
- Foster a life-long love for the game in each player
- Emphasize and help build character traits valued in team sports such as dedication, teamwork, leadership, sportsmanship, work ethic, and loyalty
A BRIEF OVERVIEW
- Teams assembled during a 3-day tryout in May
- Teams play either 7v7, 9v9 or 11v11 based upon the US Club Soccer’s birth year age matrix
- Teams compete within Nor Cal Premier at either the Bronze or Silver Divisions
- Teams compete in Fall/Winter League Play (8-10 games), Tournaments, and Nor Cal Premier’s State Cup.Teams have the option to play in additional tournaments
HOW A SEASON LOOKS
- Tryouts in May
- Fall League (8-10 games)
- State Cup played through Fall/Winter (7-10 games)
- Tournaments (2-3 weekends throughout the season)
- Indoor Soccer in Winter (optional)